Saturday 11 April 2015

11 Apr - The final touring day! Nathdwara to Udaipur

Day's run: 51 km
Total: 2,810 km
Start:  06:52 am
Saddle Time:   03:13
Total Climb:    367 m
Total Descent: 345 m
Average: 15.8 kph

It's the final day today. I'm catching the train tomorrow night from Udaipur to Mumbai. Definitely feeling ready to go home now and cut some grass........and eat some cheddar cheese on toast.


For a final day#s riding it is a bit of a let-down. The road improvement works to the NH58 plague me for most of the way with passing traffic raising choking dust.

The original road at least had some big old trees that provided green and shade, but the new road is like a motorway.

I'm at the top of a small pass at 700m and it's a final 10 km downhill run into Udaipur. That's the new road down below which is going to go through a tunnel.


The view from my balcony in Udaipur

This is a panoramic shot from the roof-top restaurant. I might go and be a tourist tomorrow, before I make my way to the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment